Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Keeping Up With the Joneses - Part 2


This picture taken about 1897 shows Jeptha Lorenzo Dow Jones with his wife Amanda Caroline Simpson and children. The boy is James(Jim Dee)born in 1887, the tallest daughter on the right is Edna born in 1884, the youngest daughter standing in front of Edna is Maggie born in 1892, the daughter standing between her parents is Minnie Lee, my grandmother, born in 1890, and the baby is Samuel T. born in Nov. of 1896. This is one of my favorite family pictures! The children look so dear and the smiles on the parents faces are beautiful. I think this photo radiates a warmth that came from a loving family. I can tell you, for a fact, that my "Granny Blackford" (Minnie) was, hands down, the most gentle, sweet person I ever have known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home