Friday, November 25, 2005

Blackford Children in the 20's

This picture was probably taken in the Fall of 1921. Alvin (Tex) was about six months old and he was born in April, 1921. Notice all the boys in their standard issue overalls. As I think about it, my dad spent a large number of his days on earth in a pair of overalls. As a carpenter for most of his adult life, he wore them to work every day. I can remember hanging out overalls on the clothes line and how they smelled like sawdust before shaking them to put them in the laundry. After my dad died, the one piece of clothing of his I couldn't give away was his overalls.

These are the Blackford children right around 1920. Opal, who was born in 1919 looks about a year old. The boys, left to right, are Clarence(Charlie), Raymond, and Chester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home